About Us

The Lalit Hari State Ayurveda College Pilibhit was established in the year 1899 as a institute to impart knowledge of Sanskrit and Ayurveda. It was founded by late Sahu Lalita Prasad and his younger brother late Sahu Hari Prasad on the land donated by them. The College is one of the oldest Ayurveda colleges of the State and the Country. In the year 1939 management of the college decided to run it as Ayurveda college. In the year 1959 State Government took over the management of the college.

Since inception of the college, it was known for its quality education. Initially it offered three year �Vaidya Bhushan� (Ayurveda Shastri) programme followed by two year Vaidya Raj degree. With the passage of time name of the degree was changed to DIMS, AMBS and subsequently to present BAMS. In 1971 it was affiliated to Kanpur University and on October 10, 1974 it was fully taken over by the State Government and declared as Government College. Since then the college is imparting quality education to the students from across the country.

Pilibhit city is surrounded by dense forests with Shorea robusta as the ground vegetation. The forest is a huge reservoir of large number of plant and animal species. It provides immense opportunity of research in the field of plants and plant based medicine. This was the idea behind the start of Post Graduate degree course in Dravyaguna in the year 1986. Since start of post graduate degree programme in dravyaguna, more than 100 post graduate scholar have passed MD (Ayu) Dravyaguna and serving throughout country as efficient teachers.

The college has a big herbal garden, established by late Acharya Vishwanath Dwivedi having 300 species of medicinal plants. College, also has an agricultural farm covering an area of 40 acres for cultivation of herbal drugs.It has a well equipped GMP certified pharmacy supplying drugs to western districts of the State.

Library of the college has a large number of books related to the Ayurveda, Phylosophy and Jyotish.

Aims and Objectives

To promote the Growth and Development of Ayurveda.

To provide Medical Care through Ayurvedic Systems of Medicine to the suffering humanity.

Affiliation

The College is affiliated to Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University Kanpur, formerly known as Kanpur University for Academic and Examination purposes and follows the Syllabus and Curriculum prescribed by the Central Council of Indian Medicine as adopted by the University